In India, unemployment is quite common. It is so common that the deserving seldom get the job. In such a competitive market for jobs, all aim for a place with the government.
Government jobs provide a wide variety of privileges and advantages which most companies fail to offer. From concession in Home Rent to after-retirement benefits, it is the all in one package to a successful and happy life.
Furthermore, because government management is very dynamic and complex; it requires a variety of staff. This diversification involves a lot of employees from all fields. The government takes care of agriculture, finances, roads, environment, and what not. For this, they require professionals and individuals with high morale to work for the nation. For example, the telephone department requires more of engineers and for the hospitals, doctors.
So here, for the recruitment of the prospect, the government organizes tests. These tests are made carefully and in accordance with the employee’s role in the organisation. These tests include questions from a particular field (engineering, accounting, medical), as per the job requirement. Such exams help to examine the suitable applicants and weed out the inferior ones. Employment is given seeing to the scores in the Sarkari Result and the follow-up interview.
Now let’s look at the advantages that Government Jobs offer:
- 1. Good Salary: Most of the openings in the government have good pay. Especially, after the 6th pay commission, the payments of the job holders have increased exponentially. Most employees working with the government seem to be satisfied and happy with the pay they receive.
- Job Security: The government provides unparalleled job security. Besides, it is a rare sight for someone to get kicked because of performance. It probably is the best feature of such a job.
- Working Hours: After getting the job, everyone worries about the flexibility of the working hours. In the corporate world, one has to reach always be on time and sometimes even stay in till late. But here, timings usually are flexible with incentives for working extra hours.
- Incentives and Bonuses: Government employees get a lot of extra bonuses just by working there. They get special privileges and financial subsidies on necessities like housing, childcare, loans, medical, etc.
- Leaves: Taking a lot of leaves is a problem for any office. For that matter, the government is very chill. They allow taking leaves far more than what privates can let us. This leave-taking policy helps one to maintain the work-life balance by giving more time to other emergencies.
- Salary Increment: We know that such jobs offer a pretty decent opening package. Moreover, these packages later open wider with increments. Workers in the offices of the government receive a substantial increase in pay irrespective of the hard-work done or not — good news for the average workers, a bad one for the hard-working ones.
- Extra Facilities: Government employees get additional facilities like internet, telephone connection, transport (for higher posts), and recognition.
- Post-Retirement Benefits: Government employees enjoy a beautiful post-retirement life. Furthermore, anyone working with the government for more than ten years gets entitles for the pension. A pension is a payment to the retired individuals, receiving monthly. This calculation of the amount of the pension is according to the salary received during the tenure. As of now, the lowest is Rs.9,000 and the highest at Rs. 2,50,000.