GATE Syllabus 2018
Though there are total 23 papers conducted under this GATE 2018, students are only allowed to apply for one. Each paper is having a unique paper code. So, which paper did you apply? Is it AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, or other? One thing you need to put in your mind is that cracking this highly competitive test requires being fully aware of GATE Syllabus 2018 that contains section wise. There is subtle difference in the GATE Exam Pattern 2018 for Paper Codes as listed in the list beneath. So, before wasting your time, let’s get starting knowing the Paper/Code wise syllabus and start preparing for GATE 2018 today.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an entrance exam which is organised in 8 zones across India. By cracking this GATE 2018, you don’t only get admission to Post Graduate programs but also chosen in various public sector enterprises or organisation. With proper exam strategy, everything can be achieved and you have to know the total marks that each question carries. By believing in yourself, you will boost your confidence and this will add an extra layer to being successful in the test.
GATE Syllabus 2018 – (Download Paper/Code Wise)
Since there are total 23 papers out of which, you have to participate in any them as per the application. We have given the Paper Wise or Code Wise syllabus with the help of the table that shows external links to the syllabus. The Syllabi of 2016 was revised since it may be possible that the papers found in the Syllabi of 2016 may be different from GATE 2015’s syllabi. The General Aptitude (GA) is going to be common in all the papers.
The links given above are working 100%, however, if you have trouble getting the links, please let us know and we will arrange the syllabus for particular code of subject.
How to Crack GATE Exam 2018?
There are some hacks that you can follow to get success in the GATE 2018 Exam and these are furnished by the experts. Please check out them beneath:
- Remember, the Test is based on the Objective Type Questions which means you have to choose the right answer. So, keep practicing and you will be the Master soon.
- You must count on what previous year question papers depicts and focus on those topics in which you think you are weak. But, don’t pay too much concentration to make you tend to forget things that you have learnt.
- Ascertain how much time you are given to complete the test and take mock tests online to help you be good at it.
- Taking wild guess will not work, you have to be sure because the test is based on the “Negative Marking”.
- When you are attempting common data questions and linked questions, you need to pay more attention.
Well, the Cutoff Marks also matter and that is why we strongly recommend people to struggle hard because competition is stiff and you will online survive if you really deserve it.
- Plan Self Study
- Boost Your Confidence
- Tips to Crack Interview
- Tips for career planning
- Prepare for Written Exam
- Reduce Stress in College Life
Download GATE Exam Pattern 2018 in PDF
In all the papers, the total questions that test will carry will be 65 questions and they will carry 100 marks. The 10 questions carrying 15 marks shall be from General Aptitude.
The question papers with the codes, such as XE, TF, PI, PE, MT, MN, ME, IN, EE, EC, CS, CH, CE, BT, AG, and AE shall have the following pattern:
- Engineering Mathematics: The weightage of this section is 15%.
- General Aptitude: This one is having the total 15% weightage.
- Subject of Paper: This is carrying around 70% weightage.
Whereas the Paper for the codes like XL, PH, MA, GG, EY, CY, and AR will be based on the following:
- General Aptitude: This consists around 15% of the total marks.
- Paper Subject: This one carries around 85% of the overall marks.
If you still have any question in mind about GATE Syllabus 2018, feel free to ask us right away with the help of the comment and we will love to help you.