Crack JEE Main
The JEE Mains, one of the most sought after exams in the country, is a platform to showcase where you rank when compared to the best students in the country. Being the portal for an admission into any of the IIT’s, NIT’s or Central Funded Technical Institutes, claiming to clear the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced is not an easy undertaking. With the seriousness of the exam known to every aspiring engineer, it is imperative to have a few tips and tricks up your sleeve in case you wish to outperform the competition. Let us discuss how practicing previous year questions can help you hone your skills so you can give your best for the JEE.
- Time Management skills: Familiarizing yourself to the exam structure will help you to get a decent idea about the time required to solve the question paper. As you are solving the previous year’s question paper you can take your own time to make your approach plan for the question paper. Assign an average time to spend on each question and accordingly prioritize how to spend less time on easier questions and use that saved up time to put some extra effort into the harder questions. Essentially ensuring that you can effectively answer each and every question.
- Exam Pattern: Once you have an idea of how the question paper pattern is, you can accordingly prepare yourself in the right way. Your approach towards how to prepare for the examination will change in a way as you will have an idea from the previous year question paper about what kind of questions to expect. One general piece of advice given by everyone would be, to be thorough with the NCERT textbooks, and then move onto the JEE syllabus as the advanced topics will be easier to grasp once you have the basics covered.
- Improved accuracy and question solving: As the saying goes ‘practice makes perfect’. With every previous year question paper you solve, your problem-solving skills improve. Having good speed by itself doesn’t get you to the top; you need good accuracy as well. That required level of accuracy is obtained from persistent practicing, solving multiple sample papers and previous year question papers.
- Self Evaluation: Analyzing yourself is just as important as analyzing the question paper. Thus evaluating how much you know by evaluating how you’ve answered the sample papers is quite gratifying. As you get an understanding of how your preparation is going on, you can accordingly vary your study plan and allot more time for the sections you are weak in. Solving sample papers and previous year question papers can help you to keep an account of how you are improving every time you evaluate yourself by solving a sample question paper.
- Confidence booster: Once you have an idea of what to expect for the exam and how to tackle it, obviously your confidence will be boosted by a fair bit. With every question paper you solve, you are creating a sense of self-assurance, that you can perform well for the JEE Mains.
Thus, here we have seen how practicing previous year question papers can help you in your journey to clear the JEE Mains. To get a few tips and shortcuts you can apply for JEE questions check out this YouTube channel-